Unknown: WW2 Hawaiian Ordnance Depot Police

ocsfollowme

ocsfollowme

Preservehistory sold this patch as "Hawaiian Ordnance Depot Police."

In my pursuit of WW2 home front patches, I have done lots of researching on police patches and cannot find anything in regards to a similar Hawaiian Police patch. It is a FE patch, no glow, most likely WW2 era. My research is to not purchase police patches, but WW2 base or depot guard/police insignia.

Has anyone ever seen this patch before? I know that I took a gamble (came from a large collection)...

Two observations:

1. Do you think the logo is of ordnance?

2. Does anyone have an ordnance or other depot patches that have "police" on them? All of mine have "guard" on them.

There is writing on the back but I cannot make it out.

post-122868-0-79992300-1431268076.jpg

I saw this one too, but didn't bid since I am not convinced enough that the Id is correct. I have no doubt the original collector believed it to be so, but we all know that doesn't always mean it was correct. I personally think it's a big "maybe".

"Guard" is the usual title, sometimes "Patrol" or "Auxiliary Military Police" or "AMP". Police could always be possible.

ocsfollowme

Vance, I agree. Typically having any WW2 Hawaiian patch is like winning the lottery so that is why I took a gample. Since you most likely have the best ordnance collection, do you at least think the insignia is that of ordnance?