Latest finds

bellasilva

These came in today from a forum member. All 3 tags are connected to the Mckinley

family, the NOK tag has a Sadie Mckinley listed as next of kin. I haven't been able to nail down any history on the NOK and later USN tag.

I really like the Navy tag. He served on the USS Napa, an attack transport which earned 1 battle star for her role in the invasion of Iwo Jima. The Napa began lowering her boats full of Marines at around 0640 on February 19th, 1945. She began taking on the wounded not long after the initial assault. Lawrence Mckinley is present on the Napas muster rolls at this time. Enjoy gents

post-104906-0-96781100-1422321550.jpg

post-104906-0-57384500-1422321610.jpg

:lol: Yup! Thanks man. Soon as the ol' income tax comes in ill be ordering some files, can't wait to get the one of the Marine who was with the 5th Marines in WWII and the 7th in Korea. You gotta let us all see what you've been up to man, you've had a good couple months!

Great looking Group, you no doubt saved them from a Forum member that hoped they would get a good home. Looks like they did! :)

Great looking Group, you no doubt saved them from a Forum member that hoped they would get a good home. Looks like they did! :)

They sure did! This is going to be one fun research project!

Mark- I'd barely call it a return; more like an IOU! Thanks for the comments! I had to sell off my only Iwo attributed tag recently so this is a welcome addition to my tag cillection

I thought you guys would like this too- here are some shots of the Napa with an awesome camp paint scheme. Reminds me of WW1 helmet camo.

post-104906-0-25529600-1422417753.jpg

post-104906-0-69726800-1422417759.jpg