help with WW1 patch ID

Phantomf4

Pretty sure the one on the right is for chemical units attached to 1st Army. Assume the same attachment for the medical patch on the left.

world war I nerd

The use of a green cross has also been associated with both sanitary trains and with veterinary hospitals. In this instance, I suspect the green cross might represent a numbered veterinary hospital (or its sanitary train) attached to the 1st Army.

Blue and yellow are the normal colors used to represent the chemical service on 1st Army insignia. My first thought was that the blue and white colors might signify an Army Corps attached to the 1st Army. The majority of Corps insignia was composed of blue and white as were the brassards worn by all members of the numbered Army Corps general staff when they were operating in the field.

Another possibility for the blue over white could be a variation of a telegraph unit whose insignia was composed of four alternating blue and white squares.

world war I nerd

Here's an example of 1st Army, 1st Gas & Flame Regiment and an early 2nd Army, 4th Corps shoulder patches.

Below is the insignia for Advanced Veterinary Hospital 2B, a photo showing a 1st Army Telegraph SSI, and the insignia for Mobile Veterinary Hospital 1A.

post-5143-0-75468600-1421891446.jpg

post-5143-0-14339000-1421891457.jpg