2 Cool WW2 groupings

WVUM1shooter

WVUM1shooter

I thought you guys would like to see my two favorite groupings. I am posting my Grandfathers Navy Uniform and a friend of mine from church Mr. Jacobs web gear.

1st up is my Grandfather uniform. Richard Wilberforce Lee was an engineering officer aboard the DE 103 USS Bostwick. She earned 2 battle stars from 1943-1945. Notice the M-3 trench my grandfather had. I also have his training manuals and his peak cap but they are packed up in storage and I am too sorry to get them out.

post-3410-1215215519.jpg

post-3410-1215215525.jpg

post-3410-1215216118.jpg

WVUM1shooter

Here is Mr. Leu Jacob's group. I purchased the equipment from his son. Mr. Jacob served with the 34th division in North Africa. His son was kind of the hippy anti war type so I didn't learn anything else about him. I could stretch the story and say he captured Hitler but I am not planning on that one. If you all looked at my display you all saw most of this stuff but I thought I would just put them on as a group.

post-3410-1215215933.jpg

post-3410-1215215952.jpg

post-3410-1215215975.jpg

Fighting Falcon
Here is Mr. Leu Jacob's group. I purchased the equipment from his son. Mr. Jacob served with the 34th division in North Africa. His son was kind of the hippy anti war type so I didn't learn anything else about him. I could stretch the story and say he captured Hitler but I am not planning on that one. If you all looked at my display you all saw most of this stuff but I thought I would just put them on as a group.

Great stuff and even Greater Relatives. salute.gif I love that M3, I'm dying to find a decent M6 Milsco scabbard that isn't outrageously priced. I really like the variant 34th ID patch. Great Stuff!

WVUM1shooter

Thats pretty cool I had no idea that the 34th patch was a variation. Probably why I get burned a lot on patches. But good luck on getting an M-3 with an original scabbard. Your best bet would be to watch for farm auctions. Its my most reliable way of getting the real deal, to many fakes at gunshows. I hope you find a nice one though.