Ranks of the American Legion

Patriot

Can anyone provide the ranks, preferably in order, of the officers of the American Legion? It is important that these ranks are from the 1920's era regulations, and not current.

Thanks

Patriot,

Suggest you contact the American Legion directly. Your question is a little vague.

The elected National officers are not the same as Department or Post officers. I believe the National elected Officers are probably the same as when the American Legion Charter was approved by Congress in 1919.

National elected Officers are; National Commander and 5 National Vice Commanders. The administrative power lies with the the National Executive Committee.

As a volunteer organisation rank is not the same as in the military. Elected officers are charged with carrying out duties outlined in the By-Laws. Ordering volunteers around would not work well since the volunteer could just walk away.

Thanks Chukpike,

I will contact the AL to see if they have any information on past regulations. If anyone else can offer information, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks again!

Patriot

While not regarding your question on ranks, you might find this of interest:

eBay item 230129797922

The National Convention Badges, Membership Badges and Award Medals of the American Legion

by Peter J Eisert, Lake Meade American Legion Post #349

brought to you by ASMIC-PUBS.