WWII Era C Company, 7th Marines -- Yardlong Photo - Paramarine Front Row

HistoryNut

I purchased this photo today! Is this considered a training photo? It looks like most of the Marines in the first row are combat vets...a few look to be wearing Purple Heart ribbons. As you can plainly see, one of the Marines, a lieutenant is wearing jump wings. Can anybody tell from the photos what the ribbon to the far left on the top row of the Marine wearing the jump wings is? Thanks for looking!

post-13256-0-27322500-1410823777.jpg

post-13256-0-05917800-1410823786.jpg

post-13256-0-06938100-1410823799.jpg

Pchepurko, unfortunately there are no dates anywhere to be found. Great eye easterneagle87...after taking a closer look that does appear to be a GC ribbon with at least 2 stars. I wish I could get a clearer picture of this rack. The far left ribbon on the top row has two stripes in the center ...they appear wider than those of a BS, possibly a SS. Does everyone agree the far right ribbon on the top row is a PH? Thank you.

• 2 years later...
Marinefan52

My Dad has this same photo. He is in the back row. He does not remember where the photo was taken or what year. He also does not know any of the other marines. It was probably taken in one of these 3 places.

He had basic training at Paris Island, South Carolina for 10 weeks beginning in 1945. After that he spent 3 months at Camp Lejeune. Then he was shipped overseas. When he returned, he was at Camp Pendleton before being discharged.