Is this a German made CIB?

BROBS

jeff arthur

Brian,my wife has gone to bed,otherwise I would be in our bedroom,digging around in my desk drawer...I'm sure I have one exactly like that,will send you a picture tomorrow, Best Regards,Jeff

Jeff...

So "yes" to being German?

P.S. I replied to your email... not sure if it went to your spam again?

- Brian

I don't think it is German, probably not even theater made. I would guess it is an IRA Green 70's - 80'e era badge.

Travis

Thanks. .

That was my thought but I wanted to double check. I had borrowed the CIB book from a friend but of course I gave it back to him. I guess I just need to buy one, huh? ;)

Win some lose some.

- Brian

sent from a stone tablet in 3000 BC.

Brian,

Mike Tucker's CIB book is absolutely essential for the CIB collector. I would STRONGLY recommend buying it.

However, I don't think that this style of badge is covered in his book. I have several pictures of identical badges that I have saved over the years and turned into my own visual reference guide. With so many variations of CIBs, it is important to have a large and accurate (as much as possible) database of images to assist in determining when and where a badge is from.

The frosted back sterling badge you posted about in another thread is of post WWII-KW era manufacture, according to Mike's book. Buy it and read it from cover to cover, you won't regret it.

Travis

That's the book I returned to my friend... I had it for months and did read it cover to cover. It is a wonderful book and this proves that I need one of my own.

Thanks,

- Brian

Edit: do you have a link to the thread you are talking about? I'm on my phone and the Tapatalk app won't let me search it worth a darn.

double canister

Brian,

Post another shot of this CIB --- the backside with the clutch pins off. I think the posts are key to this one's origin.

I bought it off ebay.. the auction had very terrible pics and I took a risk for a cheap price. When it arrived I didn't think it looked right to be a German CIB.. so I posted it on here. However the 2 piece CIB I bought from the same seller at a good price is a good one. I think he just doesn't know what he has... and apparently I didn't either. Looks like I'll return it.

Pic of the pin

Posted Image

sent from a stone tablet in 3000 BC.

I plan on buying a copy after we return from vacation!

I borrowed one for quite a while and it is an excellent book (to anyone on the fence about getting it.)

of course after I give it back I decide to start heavily looking for CIB's... :lol:

-Brian