USAF Patch - 1967 Team Champions - but of what?

dag

Johnny Signor

Well , the design is that of the AF Communication Command emblem inside so something to do with Comm unit/s .............

probably a meet to see who could set up infield/ combat situational comms the fastest ...............

Thanks for the response. You are probably right. First, definitely Air Force Communications related (same emblem like my avatar and the patch I wore for 7 years). My first thought was some kind of intra-mural sports, but more likely some Communications situational related competition.

Johnny Signor

If you know of a site that is USAF Comm related it may be worth your while to post the photo on it and see what comes up about it .............

If you know of a site that is USAF Comm related it may be worth your while to post the photo on it and see what comes up about it .............

Thanks for the thought, but not sure I know of any. Do you know of any such sites?

Johnny Signor

I'll check around and see when I get a chance, right now I'm working on a Leather patch order and it'll be a little while , will check back asap .............

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that this is sports related and that the patch was used for more than one sport. Please see my post on the 1964 championships that I posted 07JUN2014 at 2118 for a little more background on the sports programs in Europe at that time.

Google Air Force Communications in Europe for a history and a possible site to post your patch. Also there is a book called Air Force Communication Command 1938 -1991 by Thomas Snyder that you might like

mslurvey - Thanks for the post. Looks like sports is a good possibility as well. Looked up your post on sports programs in Europe. I guess sports was big to help pass the time with airman so far from home. Will look for some related site as a possibility to post.

Also, I do have the book, Air Force Communication Command 1938 -1991 by Thomas Snyder, it is a good book on the history of the Air Force Communications Command.