The First of Some of the Stuff I brought home from Iraq

abn325

kriegsmodell

Hello everyone! Some of the stuff I brought home from Iraq, OIF-1. I was with TF Falcon, 3rd BN, 325th ABN INF RGT, 82nd ABN DIV. Questions on anything, please let me know!

Green Hezbollah Flag, captured during the Battle of As Samawah, March 2003 from insurgents.

First and foremost thanks for your service. And very nice flags, thanks for posting. If I might add some details .....

The green flag is that of Hamas, not Hezbollah. The script at top is a form of the "shahada" or Islamic profession of faith (There is no god but God and Muhammad is the Prophet of God). The lower seal is that of Hamas, the Islamic Resistance Movement (Palestine).

The red insurgent flag is just outstanding. Working on a PID on it for you as well ......

Hi Rick, my articles are in August, October and December of 2013. The October issue is the MAX Show extra if that helps. The Republican Guard article is not out yet but soon I am sure.

I was in Desert Storm in 90/91 and OIF in 2003/04, in OIF I was signal and spent time in a remote RAU as a team chief and later section sergeant. I had 3 man and 6 man teams from Fallujah to Mosul so did a lot of travelling. I was deployed April 03 to Jun 04. Lived at what became Camp Victory, then BIAP, and later LSA Diamond back in Mosul. My teams worked with everything from brigade elements to small units under TF-20. I worked at LTG Sanchez house and lived at a remote sight for 5 months with nothing but my 3 man team... Lots of variety in signal because everyone needs to talk and as we say, "you can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!" Also did time with customs and FBI while at BIAP towards the end of 03. We were part of the group with 1st Armored who got extended. My unit was Company A 156th Signal but we were deployed as Company A 234th Signal. We were Michigan Guard, but had to deploy with Iowa to fill their vacancies. In Desert Storm I was like you, 11B, but those were the younger years. Served from 85-07 in a combination of active, reserve and guard. Scott.