Which one would you keep?

TALLYHO

I have two model 1917 A.C.Co trench knives. I have to part with one. It is a tough decision. Perhaps some additional input can help me make my mind up. Thanks in advance!

srqt.jpg
gfu5.jpg
du4h.jpg
vyu5.jpg
uz85.jpg
jfvk.jpg

TrevorR- Trade the extra ACC for another maker, ie, LF&C,OCL,HD&S. Or trade for a MK1 Trench Knife. There's a lot you can do. SKIP

They both look great, but I would keep the one with the speckled blade and get rid of the one with the scabbard stripes. Maybe I'd change my mind if I held them in my hand. Are there any scabbards involve in this deal? I don't mind scabbard marks if I actually have the scabbard that made them.

Oh shoot, just flip a coin!

Marv

Do as Skip suggests. If you sell one and buy another at some future time, I think you will not be happy with the outcome.

That is a gorgeous matching pair! It really comes down to what you like best. Either would make a fine trade. From the photos I couldn't pick one or the other--they are both so nice!

I don't think keeping both or trading for another is an option. He says, "I have to part with one". I'm thinking it's a money thing. I can identify with that all too well.

Marv

Yeah it`s a money thing. It`s always about the money. I do have the scabbard to the one with the draw marks and it is about as mint as can be. Skip I have 2 LF&C`s one with a minty scabbard, an OCL and a exceptional MK1 with sheath. Still need the HD&S. Any idea as to what the going rate would be (less the sheath, hate to give it up) for either since they are so comparable? And thanks for all the response. I appreciate it! Clay

Clay-An HD&S is so rare I couldn't even guess. Since they can't be posted on Ebay,I have no clue. Have never physically seen one. SKIP

Skip- Sorry, I mean`t to ask the going rate on the AACo`s. I was able to acquire one LF&C with sheath, both AACo`s, the OCL and the LF&C MK1 with sheath on Ebay! But you have to be quick and a bit lucky. So maybe there is some hope.

militariaone

Greetings TALLYHO,

I concur with Misfit 45’s recommendation on which one to part with. Go to gun http://www.gunbroker.com/ and type in “Knuckle Knife” for a good idea on prices. Key there is to see what they actually sell for, there’s always a bunch of knuckle knives on that site. That said, some are so overpriced (And have been selling in perpetuity) it’s at times more of an online museum than auction sales site. Your type is the most common variant and when offered without a scabbard may just cause a buyer to wait for one with a scabbard. If you have purchased these style knives before off of eBay, (Yes, I do to) then I’d assume you'd have a decent idea of what they currently bring.

Regards,

Lance