Post your "River Rats" novelity patches.

khaki1941

Here you go. The middle RR patch and bottom left are Thai made. The bottom right is 70s US made. These were for those that flew over North Vietnam. The star was for Hanoi with the Red River flowing through it. The top 2 were a play on the RR theme. These were for guys that flew in SVN only. The top left is Japan made, other is Thai. Note the mouse skull on the Thai one.

Randy

post-8832-0-00674200-1372462353.jpg

firefighter

Randy, Very nice.I especially like the Thai Mekong Mice patch.I have a nice Yankee Air Pirate, jolly roger flag, and a couple of the RR ones.

Here you go. The middle RR patch and bottom left are Thai made. The bottom right is 70s US made. These were for those that flew over North Vietnam. The star was for Hanoi with the Red River flowing through it. The top 2 were a play on the RR theme. These were for guys that flew in SVN only. The top left is Japan made, other is Thai. Note the mouse skull on the Thai one.

Randy

Thanks for posting these, Randy!

Patchcollector

Here an example from my collection to start things off.

Enjoy,

Howard

Sweet patch Howard.Nice pics!The front shot really shows the exquisite hand stitching of the piece,especially the letters,and it looks like it has been worn! :o I have a few examples too,I'll try to dig them out tomorrow and post them.

camelgreen44
post-334-0-22260100-1372602710.jpgpost-334-0-81466400-1372602731.jpgWell Howard,Not exactly a patch,But... Found this plaque at an antique mall a couple of months ago. It measures 15"x12", with a brass plate on the reverse "Property of Major R.T.Chesson"

firefighter

attachicon.gifIMG_2623.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2624.JPGWell Howard,Not exactly a patch,But... Found this plaque at an antique mall a couple of months ago. It measures 15"x12", with a brass plate on the reverse "Property of Major R.T.Chesson"

That is one cool looking plaque.Never seen one before.Nice detail.

This might be your guy? There is a pic but it won't let me up load it or down load it, won't let me copy & paste. :)

• Fighter pilots; Thunderchief (Jet fighter plane); United States. Air Force. Tactical Fighter Squadron, 333rd; Air bases, American--Thailand--Takhli Royal Thai; United States. Air Force--History--Vietnam War, 1961-1975;
  •  

A photograph of Captain Roger Chesson who flew with the 333rd Tactical Fighter Squadron during its Vietnam War deployment to Takhli Royal Thai AFB.

http://cdm16412.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/search/searchterm/Chesson

Thanks for posting, Doyler!

Your welcome sir

I saw his certificate w/envelope and pics of them wearing the patches as well.He told me they all flew to an associaiton meeting and were awarded the patch and cetificates after being inducted into the Red River Rats