junk or something special

brian e

Hi all i some times wonder what people are thinking when they bid stuff like this jump wing up to over $200.00 and to me it looks like someone of limited talent made them in their basement i would like to hear others opinions on these wings ebay Item number: 110237771251 thanks brian

Hi all i some times wonder what people are thinking when they bid stuff like this jump wing up to over $200.00 and to me it looks like someone of limited talent made them in their basement i would like to hear others opinions on these wings ebay Item number: 110237771251

This one? w00t.gif Sarge Booker

post-837-1207203239.jpg

post-837-1207203333.jpg

101combatvet

Most paratroopers would have rather spend their cash on wild women and or drink but in every unit you have a barracks rat that needs a little attention.... by flashing up his uniform. Custom wings were made and purchased and some were special ordered... I have been given a few and or purchased some over the years but I have never seen this variation. I think on today's market it is a total crap shoot when purchasing them at this price... if you find one at a flee maket for $20 you can usually rest assured that they have a chance at being the real deal.... here it's anyones guess.

The AA and the Star are brazed on.

I have never seen a combat star brazed on before. Normally the wings seem to have a hole drilled through and the prongs of the star put through the hole and bent.

I'm not saying that brazing them on couldn't have happened, only that I have seen it.

I agree with everyone else, these days you just don't know.

The same eBay seller has this UNPFK pin back paratrooper wing for sale which I don't feel is right based on the enameling in the circular center piece.

post-1389-1207246256.jpg

post-1389-1207246271.jpg