Interesting Navy Corpsman Modified Desert Cammie Shirt

VMI88

I picked up this Navy Corpsman desert cammie shirt not far from Little Creek here in Virginia:

post-265-0-38073500-1371685046.jpg

It's got Fleet Marine Force and Expeditionary Warfare qualifications sewn on. The interesting thing is that a strip of velcro has been added for the name tape; that's the only modification made to the jacket. Has anyone ever seen this before? The only similar modification I've seen has been for guards at JTF Guantanamo, but those have the JTF GTMO security badge sewn on the pocket. Is it possible this shirt was worn by a medic at Guantanamo? Does anyone have a matching wide Navy name tape for sale or trade (I could use several)?

kriegsmodell

The velcro strip for the name tape tape is not at all uncommon for several types of USN tops. To include NSW, EOD, SBT, etc. It is not exclusive to security functions such as GTMO although similar pieces were used there for PERSEC ......

SEABEEBRIAN

I worked for 3 years at the command that issued these to sailors who deployed not only to Gtmo but also the other AORs and only Gtmo DCUs have the velcro.