Gruesome Find, Multicam groin Protector

Ben@HI

I was going over some of the items I took in this week and I noticed this Groin Protector with a hole in it. so I put it in the junk box and did not think about it till I went to pull the panel. the panel had a hole as well. it dose not look to be a bullet hole either. so I took it into the light and could see it has a lot of what looks like blood stains all over it. I took some pics, what do you guys think?

post-100928-0-61716700-1371237135.jpg

post-100928-0-56671000-1371237142.jpg

I don't see anything that looks like blood. These things are commonly shot by people wanting to see what they will stop. Because of the material, bullet holes don't look like normal bullet holes. Looks like someone shot it to me.

Agree with Hawkdriver... if the man was shot wearing it, blood would be present in the vicinity of the entrance wound...and I see no stains in the vicinity of

As blood is a biohazard, there's disposal procedures for body armor that gets bloody from a wounded troop following a medevac. Highly unlikely it would make it into the collectors circle

the little stickers are pointing out brown / red stains. I know its hard to see as they kind of blend into the multicam. I have shot these my self I know what you mean. it could be a bullet hole but the shape does not look right to me. the bullet would have had to have been almost flat on its side when it hit.

Might be a pistol round, might have hit something prior to the armor causing it to tumble. I've seen men wounded in this area, the blood flow is rather substantial, unless what is on his is transfer from elsewhere, etc

For all we know his flak jacket got slammed in an armored door, had a crate dropped on it, any number of possibilities

head and groin are both spots that do seem to bleed pretty bad and don't seem to want to stop once they have started. I guess I would expect lot more blood.