AEF Service Coat. 33rd Div. Cpl. D. Presswood

I agree its a nice uniform.looks tailor made/private purchase?/Thats a classic 33rd bullion patch.I found an identical patch in the bottom of a gasmask and bag set years ago.Nice wound strip too

What's the name? My great-grandpa was in the 33d during WWI. He had a chunk of his skull missing from some explosives. I don't remember exactly what happened but I remember the hole in his head.

Thanks. Only the name of Dewey Presswood and that came from a letter which was in the pocket of the uniform from the veterans department concerning compension for a wound.I'm going to try and locate an obituary for him. Mark

Great find Mark! I remember in college in the late 90's early 00's there was a 33rd Division vet living in Oklahoma featured in a news story. He was 100 and quite spry for his advanced years. I was never able to get in touch with him as I would have loved to have met him. He seemed quite eager to talk about his war experiences.

Great uniform---Theres a good chance that many of these 33rd bullion patches were made in Luxembourg since that's where the 33rd served during the occupation in 1918-19.

Al