what type of jacket is this?

thetrenchman1918

ww2relichunter

i think it looks like a later flight jacket not ww2 and i dont think it is worth anywhere near 400 because it has no patches or artwork

Looks like a 50s era civilian copy jacket based on the B9 flight parka.There were M43 jackets,Tanker jackets etc made on the civlian market based on the military designs.One thing they have all got in common is a quilted liner and a psuedo military type speck tag.

I agree with Ron's comments about it being a military-style jacket made for the civilian market. Remember...during WW2, most civilian garment manufacturers were engaged in making clothing for the military. When the war ended, contracts were cancelled thus creating a lot of slack in the system. So, many manufacturers produced clothing in a military style using military standard fabrics and fittings like zippers and buttons etc. Such items often had spurious military-style labels. This on-line vintage clothing website often has such items for sale.

http://www.vintagetrends.com/military/thumbnails.asp?MC=Military+Vintage&CA=Men&SC=Jackets%2FCoats&ST=WWII+Flight+Jackets