Vietnam War Joint Casualty Resolution Center (JCRC) Jungle Jacket

jason_w

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks to a fellow forum member I've managed to add to my collection this JCRC badged jungle jacket named to George A Fisher, SOA #636, LTC, USA (Ret) (who passed on 5 July 2014 at his home in Las Vegas, at the age of 79).

George retired from the US Army after 28 years of service as a Military Intelligence officer with the rank of Lt. Colonel. His tours of duty encompassed South Vietnam, Laos (Project 404), Thailand, Cambodia, China, South Korea, Europe and the Middle East. Among his awards and decorations are The Legion of Merit, Bronze Star, Vietnam Cross of Gallantry, Joint Service Commendation Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal and numerous awards from allied Nations. George was fluent in the Chinese, French, Burmese and Thai languages.

post-117117-0-47945400-1497171531_thumb.jpg

This is some of the strongest and honorable of US Army Vietnam Uniforms to collect for the conflict.

Units and camouflage are one thing but actually going into enemy country and searching for remains demands the utmost respect for the men in this unit.

Uniforms for this unit should be revered.

owen

Beau-Brummel

This is some of the strongest and honorable of US Army Vietnam Uniforms to collect for the conflict.

Units and camouflage are one thing but actually going into enemy country and searching for remains demands the utmost respect for the men in this unit.

Uniforms for this unit should be revered.

owen

Without a gun to boot :blink:.

Yours, Guy.

• 6 months later...

Ryan, I to had my eyes on that one. Glad to see the Cruz jacket went to you. These jackets are über rare in my opinion.

I saw another JCRC jacket with divers badge as well, will see if I can find it again.

Best

Martin

• 1 month later...

I was fortunate enough to pick up a nice little grouping consisting of a JCRC patch, name tape and a 4 powers armband, all named to SSG Mark Giddens.

I will post some nice pics when i get it

• 1 year later...
snake36bravo

Another member was Serafin Telles known as 'Serf'. He did 3 tours, Mike Force, and also was with JCRC. He passed away recently.

Spy vs Spy

I got a beautiful Fat Guard SOG knife engraved to a JCRC guy.

I find JCRC stuff and it’s history very interesting.

As Owen so respectfully said earlier ;

This is some of the strongest and honorable of US Army Vietnam Uniforms to collect for the conflict. Units and camouflage are one thing but actually going into enemy country and searching for remains demands the utmost respect for the men in this unit. Uniforms for this unit should be revered.

Best

Martin

• 3 months later...

Absolutely stunning Andrei. I feel very honorable just looking at your pictures, can only imagine how you feel.

This JCRC thread is one of my favorites on this forum.

Thanks guys for sharing.

Best

Martin

• 1 year later...

I was fortunate enough to pick this canvas equipment bag used by Larry M. White while he was with the JCRC between '73 and '75.

Prior to his service with JCRC, Larry White served 3 tours with SOG and was 1-0 with RT Hawaii on his last tour. 

s-l1600 (18).jpg

s-l1600 (20).jpg

s-l1600 (21).jpg