Show your Special Forces Flashes and Ovals

5thsfg542

Neat Saudi made Special Forces ovals from my friend Dave. I’m not sure who had them made, but they are pretty neat and well made. I just can’t imagine a SF dude wearing this on his class A uniform in the early 90's. A Sergeant Major would loose his mind!

post-6144-0-82976000-1350184186.jpg

Very nice examples.

Im seeking 1-2 5th group flashes from the Viet Nam era.Ones with the more yellow bend in the flash.They are needed to restore a beret for a former 5th Group veteran.

Thats probably what happened. especially looking at the creast on the flash, its the old style early 60's

To my understanding 1st and 7th switched out rotating in & out of Vietnam on 6 month TDYs before 5th took over the country in 65'.

Doyler, I’ll keep an eye out. If you are looking for the US made ones they are not so scarce. The Viet made ones are getting rarer every year as time passes. Bill Scott usually has some good examples every year at the SOS for great prices in contrast to eBay stuff.

riflegreen297

Thats probably what happened. especially looking at the creast on the flash, its the old style early 60's

Looking at it again, it is sewn up like an early "skull" crest.

Doyler, I’ll keep an eye out. If you are looking for the US made ones they are not so scarce. The Viet made ones are getting rarer every year as time passes. Bill Scott usually has some good examples every year at the SOS for great prices in contrast to eBay stuff.

Thanks Jason

He was a Captain.

They dont have to be new or unissued.I dont attend the SOS.

I missed a large batch of flashes on line recently.Many nice flat edge ones as well.

I will try and post a few I have.

RD

Thanks Jason

He was a Captain.

They dont have to be new or unissued.I dont attend the SOS.

I missed a large batch of flashes on line recently.Many nice flat edge ones as well.

I will try and post a few I have.

RD

Strange, I didnt know that he was a CPT. like I said Ill keep a look out in my travels etc. Thanks for the post.

Strange, I didnt know that he was a CPT. like I said Ill keep a look out in my travels etc. Thanks for the post.

One was a Captain and the other if I can find two is for a senior NCO I have gotten to know.He has promised me for a long time to get a look at his "stuff".He was in very early.First time in country he told me was 1961 his last was 71 when he was with the Americal.Great guy.

Thanks again.

One of the SF vets I had the honor of meeteing.He served in WW2 and in the 50s re-joined the Army retiring in 1978.

(if I recall the dates correctly)

post-342-0-87930800-1350187747_thumb.jpg

THis came out of a collection of a WW2 colector.Not sure if the flash is originaland he had it for display in his headgear collection.The flash isnt sewn directly on.Appears Asian hand made.No other history on it.

post-342-0-41465500-1350188049_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-79799400-1350188148_thumb.jpg

Well everything is real but that flash probably didnt go with the beret. I have a Bancroft just like it that is good. If they spent all that time sewing that VN made flash then they would of sewed it to a beret. Its still a cool display peice and a keeper. Wish I had it.

THis came out of a collection of a WW2 colector.Not sure if the flash is originaland he had it for display in his headgear collection.The flash isnt sewn directly on.Appears Asian hand made.No other history on it.

post-342-0-41465500-1350188049_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-79799400-1350188148_thumb.jpg