Flight Suit Questions

bgoode

I was cruising around on eBay looking at USAF flight suits (K2-B and CWU-1/P) and saw a huge variation in prices. Some are listed at nearly $300, while others are around $30. I realize it is only worth what somebody will pay, but why the huge variation? Is it because of issue date? I assume condition and wear will also play a role in the price, as the higher priced ones were unissued. Thanks.

Size...condition...period...whether it has patches or not etc., all play their part in determining the value.

Size...condition...period...whether it has patches or not etc., all play their part in determining the value.

Also some sellers have no clue what they have.They start out high and hope someone is going to pull the trigger.

Use to see them all the time A4s,mid and late war,50s era etc.They turn up at surplus stores,thrift shops,flea markets etc.Not like they use to but they still do.Even vintage clothing stores.Check out the vintage sellers from Canada on ebay.

Several years ago I got an unissued WW2 tan suit in the packing envelope.Never worn and a size 42.Was around $40- $50 bucks at the time.Not cheap at the time but it was unissued,larger size and in the original packaging.