Been awhile....perhaps a stupid question

Raygoon Gasbar

Raygoon Gasbar

I have not been actively buying/looking for stuff in the last 6-7 years, now that I am interested again , one of the things I need for my reenacting kit is a M1 bayonet/M7 scabbard. In my search and looking on ebay I am seeing alot of scabbards marked E-US, or just US-M7 on the throat...where the heck did these come from? And whats the story on them. I am also seeing alot of the WW2 US flaming bomb marked M7 scabbards with these hideous metal tips on them. Not that I want any of those for my reenacting kit, or USGI WW2 collection, just curious as to the story behind these things that seem to be all over the place now, when a few years ago they were not.

Most of the Bayonet Points articles starting with #37 deal with the CMP imports or other new finds. If you have been out of bayonet collecting for awhile, they are probably worth your reading time.

Also on ebay you will note there are not a LOT of modern reproductions of US bayonets, especially the M1905 and M1 - also the M3 and M7 scabbards. One of these days I will get around to doing a BP article on them.

http://www.usmilitaryknives.com/bayonet_points.htm

Raygoon Gasbar
Most of the Bayonet Points articles starting with #37 deal with the CMP imports or other new finds. If you have been out of bayonet collecting for awhile, they are probably worth your reading time.

Also on ebay you will note there are not a LOT of modern reproductions of US bayonets, especially the M1905 and M1 - also the M3 and M7 scabbards. One of these days I will get around to doing a BP article on them.

http://www.usmilitaryknives.com/bayonet_points.htm

Thanks again. Excellant articles, I have been reading the CMP bayonet/scabbard ones this afternoon. Well done, they answer many of my questions.