USMC HBT Shirts

hirsca

These two HBT shirts are from the same estate sale where I got the EGA and aviator sunglasses posted earlier. I can understand that there were different OD shades, but is it common to find the different shades on the same shirt?

Also, his name was Fred (I think) G. Gannon and since NARA doesn't have Navy and USMC records for our review, can anyone provide some information on him? I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas.

post-12790-1316890135.jpg

post-12790-1316890148.jpg

post-12790-1316890161.jpg

No issues with those jackets. I have seen several examples of both shirts and trousers with shade differences like yours. It is just a matter of different dye lots and the manufacturing process.

Justin

No issues with those jackets. I have seen several examples of both shirts and trousers with shade differences like yours. It is just a matter of different dye lots and the manufacturing process.

Justin

Thank you OD Man.

Al.

I have 2 pairs of P41 trousers with shade differences.

On the one pictured below, the rear is darker than the front.

The rear pockets have a lighter color than the fabric they have been sewn on.

Dan.

post-1681-1316897634.jpg

post-1681-1316897655.jpg

Great shirts ... the mix of shades is, as indicated by Justin and Dan, quite common ... even on camo items.

Considering the breast pocket single row stitching, yours were manufactured by Keystone and you should find labels or remnants in the collar.

Great shirts ... the mix of shades is, as indicated by Justin and Dan, quite common ... even on camo items.

Considering the breast pocket single row stitching, yours were manufactured by Keystone and you should find labels or remnants in the collar.

Thanks etienne. Great info since the tags are either missing/removed or completely washed out.

Now, can anyone provide any info about the Marine?

Thanks, Al.