help w/Donald Duck aircrew painted patch

3rdeye

Hi

I have this patch that I received from the widow of a vet ,,they were my neighbors growing up in the 70's his name was claire brown

any idea of value or what it is? I wish to sell it

thanks for any info in advance!

post-50804-1316288076.jpg

I would venture a guess that it could be a USN/USMC Night Fighter training type seeing as Donald is holding a lantern and usually he was associated with Naval units but not always, It could be USAAF , the nieghbor didn't fill you in on what the unit was??????????????

Can you contact them and ask about it , this is a VERY interesting patch I've never seen before and would also like to know it's proper useage etc !!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny

thanks for looking at it,,but the vet died in the late 70's,,, have no idea what this patch is either

How much do you want for it and will you be selling it on the forum or elsewhere? Jeffro

If that's a price you're comfortable with , yeah, but I would wait and try to find out what it's background was , it could be a fairly rare patch . I would also run it by forum member "Disney dave" and see if he can help you with more info seeing as it's Donald Duck he may have something more to ad about it's history etc.

Just my opinion .

Johnny

In my opinion it's not an "official" Disney design. Someone in the unit probably liked Donald and came up with this design. I have seen images of sanctioned ones for instructor schools, but this is not one of them. Still, it does have a collectible value since it features a recognizable Disney character. I don't collect patches, so I have no idea as to what it would be worth. Cheers, David

Its worth 150.00-200.00 guy that might be interested is John cook aka cookieman.john is like a walking book on Instructor items.scotty