Body Armor!

Vertol

Hi Guys !

I would like to know if this body armor was used like that during Gulf War ?

When did the army change it by another vest ?

I thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Vertol

dscn3780q.jpg

dscn3781w.jpg

dscn3783e.jpg

Hitman_one

Yes it was.With and without desert camo covers that went over them.Yours is dated 1986.

Does yours have the booklet?

Thanks for your answer.

No, I've not the booklet, I've bought the vest in a flea market (not sure for the word) in France, and according to the seller, it comes from a french army's stock.

PS : would it be possible for a moderator to change my title please, I think I can't

Hitman_one

The large label is a pocket and the booklet is sometimes in there..it looks to me like i can see an outline of it?I only ask because id like to see what one looks like.(mine was a pile of pulp!)

Dude, you're God !!

I've never though there was a pocket under this label.

Yes, the booklet is there !

However, as the jachet is new, I can't open the pocket fully to extract the paper, because there's a wire.

I'll try to extract it without cutting the wire.

craig_pickrall
Thanks for your answer.

No, I've not the booklet, I've bought the vest in a flea market (not sure for the word) in France, and according to the seller, it comes from a french army's stock.

PS : would it be possible for a moderator to change my title please, I think I can't

What do you want the title changed to?

What do you want the title changed to?

Someone has already changed it, and I thank him.

I've made a mistake, and started to write the text in the title, which gave "Body ArmorHi Guys!".

Longbranch

The PASGT "fragmentation" vest was used throughout the 1980s into the 2000s. It was originally conceived as part of a system along with the PASGT kevlar helmet. However, the Army initiated production of the now-current Interceptor vests (also known as IBA vests or OTVs) in 1998, and they replaced the PASGT vests not long after. However, they were still used in OIF and likely OEF, and can commonly be seen worn by support troops in 2003 and into 2004. This statement is based on photographic evidence.

For more information on early development and improvement of the IBA armor, as well as to view the source for information above pertaining to the IBA vests, please see this site:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys...interceptor.htm

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the tip and I am going to see if mine has a manual as well. I have 3 and have never heard about the manual being in the pocket you mentioned. Thanks again.

This is why I love this site - I found my booklet in its pocket and it's like new.

Thank you for the info.