Most bizarre/unusual use of a US AFV in the movies?

Sabrejet

Garandomatic

Look slike an M5 Stuart to me.

The Tank that lori petty used in "Tank Girl" at some point used to be a Sherman.

Jack's Son
JS,

Somehow I just knew you were going to post that. I think the UAV takes the cake! :thumbsup: Oz

Thanks Oz!!

Laughing is half the fun, sharing it is the other half!! :lol:

Here are some screen shots from the Battle of Britain in the early part of the movie...

Battle_of_Britain.jpg

Battle_of_Britain_2.jpg

Battle_of_Britain_3.jpg

ww2reproductions
There's a scene in a movie....can't for the life of me remember which one...where the Germans are retreating in an orderly column when an M37 HMC rolls across the screen adorned with a black cross. This vehicle is rarely seen anyway, let alone in "Wehrmacht" service! It was one of those 60s movies filmed on location in Spain or the old Yugoslavia where the film company used their army as extras.

post-8022-1309549999.jpg

Sabrejet :think:

It was the "Battle of Britian"

Leo

Don't forget about the US vehicles made to look like Soviet ones in Red Dawn

Ironic really because it's usually ex-Soviet T-34s / T-54s which get dressed up as German types such as the "Tigers" in both Kelly's Heroes and Saving Private Ryan.

"Firebase Gloria" is a lot better movie then "Battle of the Bulge".

Worst war movie--Battle of the Bulge? How bout Attack on Firebase Gloria?

What about WW2 vehicles being used as "current" army vehicles in almost every TV show well into the 80s? I remember my brother and I as kids seeing halftracks on shows like "Wonder Woman" (we had four to five channels as kids and none came in well, we watched what was on, okay?) and even then, us knowing the US hadn't used them in many years before.

• 2 weeks later...
The Tank that lori petty used in "Tank Girl" at some point used to be a Sherman.
That was an M-5A1 Stuart. This link shows this well. I can’t imagine how ragged out that poor tank must have been considering how fast it was driven in some of those scenes. From a purely business standpoint, you’d have thought they would have used something more reliable (like a newer Russian vehicle) given how much junk was mounted over the top of it anyway. They could have built a “tank” shell over any type of high-speed tractor but I guess there was a reason I can’t understand.