My first ACH helmet

StevenL

I just posted a photo of this helmet in a latest finds forum thread but I wanted to start one here for posting all of them. This is my first ACH and was a forum purchase. The helmet's been painted tan, has a theater made 62nd Engineer Battalion patch sewn onto the cover and is named (just not in the photos). Part of the MSA label was covered with over spray from the paint job but it's still readable. I really love the look of this one.

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1250-1.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1234-1.jpg

IMG_1237-1.jpg

IMG_1244-1.jpg

IMG_1240-1.jpg

You did well for your first ACH, sir! I always like to see painted lids!

Arch

That's probably as fine an example as you'll see. Those in-country patched covers are great!

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

HoovieDude

Nice pick up :thumbsup: I have a love/hate mentality with modern stuff, since I've used a good majority of it, and like the guys of yesteryear who only saw their stuff as surplus, I do too in many ways. In others, I also find it neat, especially being a true helmet head and collector in general, and understand the importance of preserving things for the future. Which is probably why I kept many of my items from over the years, and still pick up a neat modern piece every now and then when the opportunity is correct.

Another member told me through PMs that the patch on this helmet is US made. It was advertised as being Afghani made when I bought it but I don't know diddly about the modern theater made patches (they just seem too perfectly made anymore). If this is US made then I'm really out of touch. :P

IMG_1262-1.jpg

Fantastic example, love it, the patch could be a US made patch rather than theatre made ????, either way,cool lid :thumbsup: