Sabre showed his, so I'll show mine

dg0223

I don't have too much old stuff, and I mostly concentrate on ribbon bars, but I thought I'd share my modest collection of modern-era medals.

Enjoy, and comments are always welcome.

DSCF2315.jpg

There's also a cased Navy Achievement that didn't make it in the shot.

BILL THE PATCH

THTA'S A GREAT COLLECTIOM. ALLMOST MAKES ME WANT TO START COLLECTING MEDALS. AS SOON I GET ALL WW2 ERA PATCHES FIRST. :lol:

THTA'S A GREAT COLLECTIOM. ALLMOST MAKES ME WANT TO START COLLECTING MEDALS. AS SOON I GET ALL WW2 ERA PATCHES FIRST. :lol:

So what you are saying is that you are NEVER going to collect medals? :lol: Guys like Mort and the Johnson brothers have been collecting all of their lives and can never hope to have all of the WWII patches!

The time to pick up older strike medals is when you find them. I don't think they'll drop in price!

Allan

Garth Thompson
I don't have too much old stuff, and I mostly concentrate on ribbon bars, but I thought I'd share my modest collection of modern-era medals.

Enjoy, and comments are always welcome.

DSCF2315.jpg

There's also a cased Navy Achievement that didn't make it in the shot.

Is that PH,BSM, New Mexico Bataan March Survivor Medal group in the lower left corner of the picture ID'd to an individual?

Garth

Garth,

The Bronze Star and Bataan Death March medals are not named, and the PH is named, but from what I can tell, the engraving on it may be Korean War-era. It is machine done with a modern looking font, not like the nice engraved WWII pieces I see here on the forum. I acquired them together, but I doubt they belong together because of the engraving on the back of the heart.

And Ian...

Shhhhhhh...

-_-

Jack's Son
So what you are saying is that you are NEVER going to collect medals? :lol:........

The time to pick up older strike medals is when you find them. I don't think they'll drop in price!

Allan

HOW TRUE :lol:

I just got in another Silver Star, a mini Silver Star, and a mini Navy and Marine Corps Medal. I was a little disappointed, since the Silver Star seems to have that "frosted" appearance instead of a shinier appearance. I'm not necessarily looking for an anodized Silver Star, but I've seen older Silver Stars with a shinier finish to them.

Are modern strike Silver Stars only made in that frosted finish, or are there some out there that are shiny?