OV-10 Ubon RTAFB 1971

coberry731

I forgot the OV-10 in the first thread. Here it is.

post-31877-1302310970.jpg

USAF OV-10, 19th TASS, based at Ubon, Thailand. Used in covert air war while supporting Cambodian ground troops against the NVA and Viet Cong.

More to follow.

Cobrahistorian

Fantastic! I've always been a big fan of the Bronco. Really hoping that Boeing puts it back into production as the OV-10X!

Jon

Fantastic! I've always been a big fan of the Bronco. Really hoping that Boeing puts it back into production as the OV-10X!

Jon

That would be interesting!

I forgot to mention that those were taken at Ubon, RTAFB. Those are Rustic FACs, 19th TASS. Pictured are 1LT Bob Berry and (unknown rank) Ralph Dowe, his GIB for that flight. Probably early to mid 1971.

Wow. Thanks for posting the OV photos. I used to work on these at Osan AB, ROK in the 70s. Really cool to see them again.

Wow. Thanks for posting the OV photos. I used to work on these at Osan AB, ROK in the 70s. Really cool to see them again.

You might have worked on those very aircraft. I believe they went to Osan after Cambodia. I'll put more up as I find them. I like showing them off. My father is the pilot!