"Un-issued" 107 Sateen C/W Field Trousers

DSchlagan

I picked up these field trousers from a local surplus store about two years ago. They were in un-issued condition.

After inspecting their hardware, I noticed why they were as-new; the snap closure on the right hip pocket flap was a little deformed when it's rivet was set. It will not properly close. They appear excellent otherwise.

I have worn them several times in cold weather.

Question being:

Is there any collector interest in such? I certainly would not want to detract from that, should it be the case.

post-21709-1298319051.jpg

post-21709-1298319271.jpg

[i have spent a fair amount of time in this section attempting to further my knowledge of Uniform collecting.

I can see why it is a specialty unto itself!]

Thank you for your consideration.

Don

Aren't they the M-65 field pants? I know I wore them in basic...seems about 20 years ago they were everywhere. I wore out a few pairs since I've been out hunting / working. I'm sure they're worth collecting to some folks.

Aren't they the M-65 field pants? I know I wore them in basic...seems about 20 years ago they were everywhere.

Yes, and I was quite surprised to find these on the rack when I did, and in that kind of shape.

They really stood out with all the multitude of BDU's/ACU's that were there.

I bought 'em to wear and they fit me well; in retrospect, just wouldn't feel right if they were more on the side of collectible than as knock-a-rounds.

Thanks,

Don

They really are comfortable. Been meaning to find some liners...

A couple of days ago, I was looking at my Uncle's WWII ABN trousers, that were worn for probably the next 50 years as hunting pants. They are to the point of having been repaired quite a bit. Still have my Uncle's name and S/N though!

Got me kind of wondering a little about the pair pictured...

Came across my EGA marked, three pocket HBT field shirt, too. [Can't recall how obtained.]

That one is definitely not going to the woods anytime soon.