All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. patches

WWII Ike jackets… small sizes??

Here it is Albert Ichihara
  3. patches

A Vietnam War 6th Infantry Division Fatique Shirt.

Great additions Sean
  4. Proud Kraut

Breakthrough At The Siegfried Line-761 Tank Battalion.

Very nice, Manny! Can´t wait to see figures and tank together with the dio base. Keep up your great work.
  5. Today
  6. Thats some good family military legacy. My avatar here is my WWI USN Radioman 2nd class grampa, who was a rail road telegrapher with the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific RR "Milwaukee Road" before he volunteered for the Navy, which sent him to the USN Radio School at Harvard, and his older brother, my great uncle, who was a dough-boy overseas in the Great War. I ordered my grampa's Navy personnel file from NARA years ago. Seventy bucks well spent. Another of my grampa's brothers enlisted in the Army and was a PFC with the 2nd Division, 23rd Regiment, 3rd Battalion, Company K. He died 50 years ago after a long life and his VA headstone shows he was awarded the Purple Heart, but his records were lost in the fire at NARA, ironically in 1973 the same year he died. He died on June 8, the NARA fire that wiped out much of the Army's personnel records was on July 12, 1973.
  7. His brothers Bob and Russ both served in the Army as infantrymen and were both wounded. Bob I believe was wounded at Guadalcanal.
  8. The other guy in the photo is actually his uncle (they were 3 years apart😬) Cecil who worked at NY harbor. When my g-grandfather came back from being overseas his ship went into NY harbor for Navy Day and while he was on leave saw him.
  9. Is the soldier in the photo your great-great uncle, aka, your g-grandfather's bro? If you have the dough, you might want to one day consider contacting Geoff at Golden Arrow Research. Check out his website. Unless this lousy inflation has forced him to raise prices, his price to copy the complete Navy personnel file for your ancestor at NARA in St. Louis is $70. You'll get every page scanned in full color high resolution and sent to you as a PDF. including the key DD Form 214, Discharge Papers and Separation Documents that will list all ships and stations he was attached to, as well as what service medals including campaign stars he earned.
  10. Guess I didn't review this very well... title should be "N-1" jacket, not "NX-1"
  11. UPDATE: I got a friend of mine and he found all sorts of stuff!!
  12. USMC_COLLECTOR

Unknown Rucksack - Forestry/ CISO?

I don't see any issues.
  13. I own a photo album of his from his service when he enlisted the AAC in the early-1930s.
  14. Brig

Tom Lowe USMC Amtrak Driver Iwo Jima Survivor

Still a great group
  15. I have a very nice US Navy N-1 jacket named to ET1 A.E. Strong on the USS Skate (SSN-578). I have attached some photos and was looking for some expertise as to this being an "original" or "not." Looks like the Skate patch was on the left side covering the "USN" at one time. Note on one of the photos from the bottom left rear there is some type of small hook in the jacket? Also, if anyone has any sources for a crew list of the USS Skate and is able to find an A.E. Strong I would obviously appreciate it!
  16. Ronnie

My Little Soldier

My small size soldier. Gotta find him some trousers. I had the helmet made. It has a toy liner that was modified for airborne use.
  17. KurtA

What tab would go here?

Definitely looks like an Airborne tab to me. I think there’s some distortion in the photo that is obscuring the center of the tab. Note the faint white line that goes from the B in the Airborne tab up onto his shoulder
  18. Nothing to report, I did get to see his officers sword, and few other bits and bobs.
  19. Hey I just got one. But it says 1939-40 no games where played that year?
  20. Yesterday
  21. Recently have put eyes on two of what I am assuming are reproduction/costume house made P41 patch pockets. Any input is welcome
  22. The things I’m interested in are simply “Family” items. SM, EM, CT, CS Rates of family members. I do like the right arm SM though!
  23. Phillip Brandt

World War I Service poster

I have to correct my previous post. It was an insurance company that provided these.
  24. mdeming1

What tab would go here?

Yeah I agree. I think I should just figure to out another ranger on there. Prob is that right sleeve person may be in an entirely different unit but it is MACV and dad was that for sure. Was that Viet-Nam tab ever an official tab? Could be that
  1. Load more activity