Cat urine

Justin

Recently my cat decided to go to the bathroom on some of my things I had in a box I was getting ready to store. Including a pair of Poplin ERDL trousers and a rain poncho, the rain poncho got the worst of it, how would I come about cleaning these items?

Thanks.

316th FS 324th FG

I bought a grouping that had been pee'd on, including a rain poncho and an ILBE ruck. I hosed everything down several times and then left them out on the clothesline. Took a few days, but they were alright in the end.

My Korean War parachute got it. Unfortunately, the seat cushion got the worst of it. It was crusty anyway, and the water really screwed it. I was able to sponge it out of the pack pretty well as it only got it to a minor extent. I would hand wash the ERDL in as gentle a soap as you can find, any gear, it depends on what it is. If it's nylon, ain't a bunch gonna hurt it, try some of the purpose-made cat pee busters, all except bleach of course.

I actually don't think the pants got it, I just checked them, (they've been airing) the poncho was top of the box, and I think the pants just smelled cause they just below it, the poncho liner stinks, but, when I found it was dry, it's airing, and I sprayed it with fabrezz, but it still smells really bad.

Robswashashore

Well, as a FORMER cat owner, I can vouch for the fact that there is nothing more disgusting and difficult to clean up than "whut the cat tinkled in!" (One reason why I am now a dog owner).

However, I had success with the enzymatic cleaners. I think one was called "Simple Solution" and was available at the local pet store. I would 1).soak the heck out the the "affected" area, then 2). let it dry, then 3).wash the item as usual, then 4).kill the cat.

(Just kidding about number 4)

If you can, slip the poncho on while you are burying the cat. That should air it out pretty well.

Ya know...a funeral pyre will do the trick...disposal and aromatic exposure. Let's not forget the therapeutic benefits here as well!

Ya know...a funeral pyre will do the trick...disposal and aromatic exposure. Let's not forget the therapeutic benefits here as well!

After all, whats a poncho without the sweet smell of camp smoke??

Go to a pet store and look for products that kill the urine smell. There are several on the market and they won't cause any harm to your items. They work well.

Don't ask me how I know but I only have a dog now.

teufelhunde.ret

Mix one part distilled white vinegar with two parts warm water in a spray bottle. Spray all areas of urine stain. Make sure you don't miss any spots. Launder with a mild detergent. If the stains have dried, or the vinegar solution did not completely remove the odor, as mentioned, you'll need to a commercial enzymatic stain remover product. Rule of thumb is to always use a urine odor remover product before laundering.

carbinephalen

My condolences Justin. If you need any help deciding what dog breed to choose Labs make GREAT pets! :lol: I hope that the tips provided above help you out. We went through the same thing with a spot in the corner of our living room, Urine Odor Destroyer sold at walmart worked wonders for us ...that cat of my wife's is VERY lucky it didn't make it's way into my collection room hahaha.

0001027970422_300X300.jpg

Go to a pet store and look for products that kill the urine smell. There are several on the market and they won't cause any harm to your items. They work well.

Don't ask me how I know but I only have a dog now.

... And while your at the pet store, leave the cat!!

I think your problem is going to be the fact that the stain had dried. You can try Oxy Clean... follow the directions closely, I'm sure they have directions for different types of fabrics. Afterwards, a good shot of Fabreze...

Wayne

Thanks, I hand washed it in hot water, let it sit there for about 15 minutes, rang it out, did it again, hung it to dry, sprayed it, with the urine remover, gave it a shot of Fabreze, when I woke up it was dry, doesn't smell anymore :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
If you can, slip the poncho on while you are burying the cat. That should air it out pretty well.

Hahahahahah! My thoughts exactly... :thumbsup:

pwmiraldi1967
Recently my cat decided to go to the bathroom on some of my things I had in a box I was getting ready to store. Including a pair of Poplin ERDL trousers and a rain poncho, the rain poncho got the worst of it, how would I come about cleaning these items?

Thanks.

I had this problem when my wife and I got married, I find soaking the itme, if possible, WOOLITE works well as well as simple green works wonders on gear and heavier items such as canvas items and nylon items, simple green is totally safe too!!

paul

tried that with the ex wife....poncho got dirty in the garden

ww2reproductions

Well I am a Bengal cat breeder and know the problem.

One of our relatives let our stud cat into my militaria room (yes out of his enclosure and through the house )and being a stud cat sprayed a line into the computer and onto the hard drive :crying:

He paid for the computer to be fixed :thumbsup:

I have also had Queens (female) (human and animal) :w00t: marking clothing.

So how do you get rid of the smell?

First...NEVER use ammonia as the cat will come back as they think its cat piss and ok to go there again.

I use a product called BIOZET its good... use a warm wash.

Sometimes you may need to do it twice.

Desex your cat around 10 to 12 weeks old and keep their litter tray clean...Yes everyday :crying:

If your family is going to have a house cat get a Bengal (with papers) as the have a pelt not fur.

If that fails and the cat is found dead make sure you tell the wife it must have been bitten by a snake and to look on the bright side that it will make a nice winter hat :w00t:

Leo

Well I am a Bengal cat breeder and know the problem.

One of our relatives let our stud cat into my militaria room (yes out of his enclosure and through the house )and being a stud cat sprayed a line into the computer and onto the hard drive :crying:

He paid for the computer to be fixed :thumbsup:

I have also had Queens (female) (human and animal) :w00t: marking clothing.

So how do you get rid of the smell?

First...NEVER use ammonia as the cat will come back as they think its cat piss and ok to go there again.

I use a product called BIOZET its good... use a warm wash.

Sometimes you may need to do it twice.

Desex your cat around 10 to 12 weeks old and keep their litter tray clean...Yes everyday :crying:

If your family is going to have a house cat get a Bengal (with papers) as the have a pelt not fur.

If that fails and the cat is found dead make sure you tell the wife it must have been bitten by a snake and to look on the bright side that it will make a nice winter hat :w00t:

Leo

When you say Bengal cat, it's that a Bengal Tiger cat? As in the type found in a zoo?