6 replies to this topic

#1 Hellwood

Hellwood
  • Members
    • Member ID: 687
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:24 AM

Hello to all,

A few time ago, I posted pictures from Belleau Wood museum manequin, and " Teufelhund retired " was asking me to put some close pictures of EGA, so since this topic is about USMC EGA, I put here pictures from Officer, and some interresting EGA I have in the museum, with some request for identification for Teufelhund since he is an expert in EGA and maybe some of you too....

Best to All from here Belleau Wood area...where it was very rainy today...

Hellwood

USMC_french_made_officer_emblem_1.jpg
The one on my officer tunic french made, I added this onbe because originaly on the tunic it was only the left side as pictured hereunder ( I'm looking for the right side to complete the set....)
Officer_USMC_ega_left_side.jpg
So this one was originaly on the tunic of 1st Lt Herreid who was officer in the 6th Marines in WW1, and fighting in France ( He came in my village on June 1st 1918 and was 1st SGT attached to Headquarter of the 6th Reg whom Hdq was established in a farm building of the village) ; So I'm looking for a right side to make a good set with this one...
USMC_officer_Lt_Eddy_left_collar.jpg
Here from another USMC forest Green officer uniform who was made in France and belonged to 1st Lt William Eddy, from Headquarter 6th Reg USMC.
Then from same uniform right side
USMC_officer_Lt_Eddy_right_collar.jpg
Herunder two more EGA from USMC officers campaign hat
USMC_field_hat_1912.jpg
USMC_officer_hat_emblem.jpg
And then the last for this post is battlefield relic
Officer_USMC_hat_emblem_from_battlefield.jpg

The other are following in next mail

Hereunder other EGA and some questions for EGA experts......

USMC_calot_officer.jpg

This one has a screw back

USMC_collar_french_made_front.jpg

Here very interresting French made ( not the common model !!!) USMC collar disc, color is brown ( covered with brown paint ) and screw in the back as seen hereunder
USMC_collar_back_screw.jpg

USMC_pinback.jpg

One more USMC officer darkened brass

The two next I'm asking about your expertise....

USMC_french_made_unknow.jpg

This one is sometime seen on ebay for sale and dealers sell them as being USMC WW1 french made variant, what do you think ? They are repro or...???? I bought this one for a few bucks so I'll be not frustrated if its copy as I think....

USMC_insignia_MCA_unknow.jpg

This is a curious insignia with USMC officer emblem attached ( but no pin or screw on the back, do you know this insignia and what the letters means ? I think that the end is maybe Marine Corps Association ????? I have another one the sam but with a ribbon on the broch which in yellow and red.....

Next time I'll post pictures from EGA from battlefield....

Best to All

#2 GLM *Deceased*

GLM *Deceased*

DECEASED

• IN MEMORIAM
    • Member ID: 84
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:27 PM

Gilles (Hellwood),

I thought I had a match for your collar emblem, but on looking, turns out we both need one for the right collar. It's not often that you see a stylized anchor crossarm on Marine emblems. You have some excellent emblems!

I was wondering if we could get close up reverse images of the stylized "French" example you have questions on. I believe there were originals made of that emblem, but of late, cheap, accurate reproductions of it have been observed.

Gary

Here's my single.

Attached Images

• OFF_french_fr.jpg
  • OFF_french_rev.jpg

#3 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,529 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:50 AM

Those who watch the EGA discussion area may recall this old post. It was recently retrieved from the holding/sorting area, in what was the old pinned "USMC EGA's" thread. It has been re-posted to see if there is any life in this discussion prior to moving into the EGA reference section for permanent retention.

#4 Alec

Alec
  • Members
    • Member ID: 7,194
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:18 PM

Here is a closeup of MJC wearing French made EGAs.

Attached Images

• headshot.jpg

#5 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,529 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:55 AM

They are likely the most exotic emblem ever designed - one from my collection. s/f Darrell

post_376_1252598047.jpg

Edited by teufelhunde.ret, 10 September 2009 - 07:58 AM.

#6 Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson

Forum Co-Founder (Ret)

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 2
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

I had posted this elsewhere with another new find, but it deserveds a spot in this thread.

3.jpg

4.jpg

#7 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 22
  • 21,718 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Fellow forum members:

You are in the Marine Corps EGA reference section. This area is were posts from the Marine Corps, USMC EGA discussion section are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. As time moves forward there maybe additional information the EGA Moderators wish to add or will add to this specific post. We ask for your input as well.

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the USMC EGA discussion area which is listed in the main page under insignia. And as needed we will be pleased to move any new and or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised; posting and or editing is restricted on Eagle, Globe and Anchor emblem threads; to moderator's and forum staff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users