3 replies to this topic

#1 GLM *Deceased*

GLM *Deceased*

DECEASED

• IN MEMORIAM
    • Member ID: 84
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 06:39 PM

Identical in make in every way to the dress emblem, this M1904 Gemsco pattern emblem is for wear on the right collar of the service uniform. This emblem is not hallmarked and is also a pin fastened emblem with looped C catch.

If anyone out there has a match to either of these emblems, I'd like to hear from you.

Gary

Attached Images

• EGA_1904_SERV_FR.jpg
  • EGA_1904_SERV_REV_01.jpg
  • EGA_1904_SERV_REV_02.jpg

Edited by teufelhunde.ret, 10 July 2007 - 09:33 AM.

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah
  • Members
    • Member ID: 8
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:01 PM

Here is my contribution to this thread. This piece is the earliest officer bird that own and I lucked out getting it. Looks like the base metal might be brass and take note that it's a dark brown, very much like dark chocolate versus Gary's black emblem.

Jeremiah

Gemsco_04.JPG Gemsco_04_2.JPG

#3 cbuehler

cbuehler
  • Members
    • Member ID: 643
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:21 PM

I used to have a matching pair of these indentical to this one. They were with a ww1 officers coat and they had the painted on dark brown finish. These finishes are common on Army collar insignia of the period as well. The base metal is brass instead of bronze. These finishes were not very durable and they sometimes have a flaked off appearance when showing wear. Very tough to find indeed!

CB

Edited by teufelhunde.ret, 10 July 2007 - 09:18 AM.

#4 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,558 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:34 AM

Fellow forum members:

You are in the EGA "reference section". This area is were posts from the EGA "discussion section" are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. As time moves forward there maybe additional information the EGA Moderators wish to add or will add to this specific post. We ask for your input as well.

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the "EGA discussion area" which is listed in the main page under insignia. And as needed we will be pleased to move any new and or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised; posting and or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users