USMC current issue EGA

MAS36

which type of hat would this USMC globe & anchor badge be worn on?

the globe is about the size of a US quarter and has a brass screw back attachment on the reverse side

I was thinking of putting this on a US sun helmet , is this the correct one that they would use on the sun helmet?

post-778-1182124476.jpg

post-778-1182124497.jpg

Your emblem is that type worn on Marine EM Service Barracks covers after 1955. This type is still worn today. If you want to put it on a sun helmet for display, make sure the helmet is a post 1955 type. If the sun helmet is WWII or Korean War vintage, you'll want to find the M1937 pattern emblem in the same size. If the helmet is just for wear, your emblem would be fine!

This is the M1937 (used from 1937 until 1955) for wear on sun helmets used during those dates.

Gary

post-84-1182138871.jpg

do you know if the USMC wore a khaki or green sun helmets ?

I saw a green sun helmet at a antique shop, I think it was Vietnam era

Greg Robinson

I've seen those in three colors, green, tan, and an off white color. During the WW2 period all the Marine contract helmets were the tan color. But there was also some that I've seen made in the '60's in an off white color that most likely all the services could purchase. However, I can't recall ever seeing a Marine wearing the pith helmet during that period.

• 2 years later...

Today’s recruits go through thirteen weeks of boot camp before they can call themselves Marines. The last three days are called “The Crucible” and are a physical and mental test of endurance. At the end, if they make it, each Marine is given his “Eagle, Globe and Anchor” emblem by his Senior Drill Instructor. This one is my son‘s. He gave it to me when he completed boot camp. It is a standard issue EGA, but for me it is priceless.

Tim

post-192-1249784171.jpg

Hello Brig,

He graduated in November of last year. I remember seeing his shooting range at PI but don't recall which one it was. I'll have to ask him when I talk to him again.

Tim