Red Dawn

gwb123

So I know the guy who printed the Russian camouflage for the original red dawn and after several years he was able to find me the last of the printed fabric

We did a deal and I got 6 yards 665ffa88f1ec3834081fa91bdd527469.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few yards of this material, too. I bought it from Globe Militaria back in the 80's. They were selling props from the movie and had this material for sale. I don't remember how much I bought but I still have it packed away. I was going to have smocks made out of it. I guess it is time to dig it out.

BILL THE PATCH

Is that with the spare tire or without, providing the spare is on the back door. :)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

BILL THE PATCH

So its 3 x 18, roughly be the sz of my boat trailer, it would have been less painful getting my teeth pulled for that.:)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

I found my cloth today. I have been cleaning out our storage unit and there it was. I'll post some pictures tomorrow if I have time.

Mike

• 5 weeks later...

Fun fact - the AKs used in the real Red Dawn movie were Steyr Maadi's from Stembridge Gun Rentals. They were liquidated in 1998, so there's movie-used rifles floating around out there.

https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/rifles/red-dawn-steyr-maadi/

A total of 32 semi-automatic Steyr Maadi AKMs were converted and registered by Pearl Manufacturing for select-fire operation, and another 21 AKMs were left in their semi-auto configuration. Two Valmet Model 78 rifles were also converted for the movie.