They should watch out for an Australian invasion of Hollywood instead ... two of the stars, Chris Hemsworth and Isabel Lucas, were regulars on the Australian soap opera, 'Home and Away'. Chris went on to appear as Capt. James T. Kirk's father in 'Star Trek' and Ms. Lucas has appeared as the 'siren' transformer in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' and also as an Australian love interest in 'The Pacific'.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I'll decide to stay home and watch the original instead.

Ditto. Wasn't to thrilled about the remake to begin with, but thought I would give it a chance when it was released. Now though, I'll pass and give my money elsewhere. Nothing like PC fearmongering to ruin good stories.

Learn to ride hard, shoot straight, dance well and so live that you can, if necessary, look any man in the eye and tell him to go to Hell! US Cavalry Manual, 1923

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Check this news story out. Hopefully that means that the Red Dawn re-make will finally go to post-production and get released eventually. :thumbsup:

Here’s the first cast photo from the new movie. I have no idea who any of these people are, but then again, I didn’t know anyone from the original cast when the first movie came out: rd_cast.jpg

Ah. What a well rounded PC cast. Sorry. This is one I care less and less about. I was going to give it a chance but just like all the John Carpenter remakes I've skipped I'll pass on this one too.

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

ASMIC Member 4598

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Why remake it at all?? It is a CLASSIC!!! Love Red Dawn. Clearly defined enemies that will fight us in the open...who could ask for anything more.

And North Korea?? Come on!! Really? Next they will be adding "Jar-Jar Binks" type characters. Do we still win in the new version? Or doe we "realize the error of our ways and give in to the greater good"?? More Hollywood propaganda

• 1 year later...

I just read that the re-make of Red Dawn is finally going to see the light of day after all. The trailer looks decent. Click here to see it. I can’t say that I like the idea of Patrick Swayze’s character being a Marine, I thought the appeal of the original movie was that they didn’t have a clue at first what they were doing but learned along the way.

Using some sort of super-EMP to disable everything before the invasion? I must admit, that's not a bad plot point!

Lee Bishop Formerly known as "Ratchet 5" with the 2nd Infantry Division (yes, in REAL life)

US WW2 War Correspondent collector

WHAT ! according IMDb it's North Korea that invades the U.S. Ha, what a bunch of cowards, it should have been the Chinese, now thats something thats very real, I guess they didn,t want to OFFEND their Chinese Bag men.

Why remake it at all?? It is a CLASSIC!!! Love Red Dawn. Clearly defined enemies that will fight us in the open...who could ask for anything more.

And North Korea?? Come on!! Really? Next they will be adding "Jar-Jar Binks" type characters. Do we still win in the new version? Or doe we "realize the error of our ways and give in to the greater good"?? More Hollywood propaganda

AGREED!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

So I know the guy who printed the Russian camouflage for the original red dawn and after several years he was able to find me the last of the printed fabric

We did a deal and I got 6 yards Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Posted Image

It’s nice to get movie stuff like this !

Enjoy

Owen

Posted Image

Well I now probably own the biggest piece of red dawn cammo in the world !!

Ha ha ha

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Wolverines!

Should make some nice drapes, Owen.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

0a0dfa7898bb8245b85c90b2b4e2039a.jpg

Well I now probably own the biggest piece of red dawn cammo in the world !!

Ha ha ha

Nice

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

In layman's terms how big is 6 yards, or did I answer my own question. How wide? How long in feet. Sorry I'm no haberdashery. Lol

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Bill

Its really long.

2 short cars worth.

But not a long car.

owen

Bill

Its really long.

2 short cars worth.

But not a long car.

owen

But wouldn't two short cars equal a long car?, Are we talking VW bugs, or those new cars that you can pick and practically tip it over by yourself. Sorry I asked. Lol

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

donation2016.gif

donation2017.gif