• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton
  • Members
    • Member ID: 216,437
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:18 PM

I'm a retired US Navy officer who has been collecting sharp/pointy objects and miscellaneous military related items since 1975.  The military S&Ps include bayonets, government contract knives, private contract knives, swords, machetes and axes.   I was commissioned out of Texas A&M University with a BS in Wildlife & Fisheries Sciences and after release from active duty, went back to school and got a BA in Computer Sciences from tu/Austin.

After retirement from the Naval Reserves, I was appointed as an Admiral in the Texas Navy.  I am a member of the Edwin Moore Squadron, out of Austin TX.

My primary categories of OTB (other than blades) is ROTC unit shoulder DI/DUI pins and certain challenge coins - those from ships on which I served or ships that the USS Merrimack (AO-179) refueled while I served as her Navigator/First Lieutenant/Admin Officer.

I live in rural central Texas.  I recently retired from volunteer fire & EMS work after 29 years.  I was also a volunteer search/recovery diver for 27 years until a physical determined I have a medical condition that should have precluded me from certifying as a diver or making any of the 8000+ dives I'd made over the previous 45 year.  :o  Ooops.  :D

My current hobbies include gardening (TX Master Gardener), fishing, hunting, knife & tomahawk throwing and mead making.

Any Qs?, Just ask.

Wayne (zzyzzogeton/gator) Zieschang

#2 tdogchristy90

tdogchristy90
  • Members
    • Member ID: 13,708
  • 563 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:23 PM

Welcome Wayne, my grandfather was a master diver/submarine rescue, during Korea.

#3 gwb123

gwb123

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 1,506
  • 16,972 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:24 PM

Welcome aboard.  I spent two wonderful, fun filled years at scenic Fort Hood.  Big change for a kid from Pennsylvania!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users