New Member from Central Texas

zzyzzogeton

I'm a retired US Navy officer who has been collecting sharp/pointy objects and miscellaneous military related items since 1975. The military S&Ps include bayonets, government contract knives, private contract knives, swords, machetes and axes. I was commissioned out of Texas A&M University with a BS in Wildlife & Fisheries Sciences and after release from active duty, went back to school and got a BA in Computer Sciences from tu/Austin.

After retirement from the Naval Reserves, I was appointed as an Admiral in the Texas Navy. I am a member of the Edwin Moore Squadron, out of Austin TX.

My primary categories of OTB (other than blades) is ROTC unit shoulder DI/DUI pins and certain challenge coins - those from ships on which I served or ships that the USS Merrimack (AO-179) refueled while I served as her Navigator/First Lieutenant/Admin Officer.

I live in rural central Texas. I recently retired from volunteer fire & EMS work after 29 years. I was also a volunteer search/recovery diver for 27 years until a physical determined I have a medical condition that should have precluded me from certifying as a diver or making any of the 8000+ dives I'd made over the previous 45 year. :o Ooops. :D

My current hobbies include gardening (TX Master Gardener), fishing, hunting, knife & tomahawk throwing and mead making.

Any Qs?, Just ask.

Wayne (zzyzzogeton/gator) Zieschang