1917 L F & C EXTRA KNUCKLE TRENCH KNIFE

ron norman

Its in fair shape, definitely not mint. No scabbard. Not real sure about the history, but got it from a friend of my fathers. She was 93. Her husband passed about 20 years ago. Im sure they sat in the chest I found them in since the 50s. They were wrapped in 50s newspaper.

Here is a true story about an extra pyramid 1917 that actually happened at one of the OLD Fla. Gun Collectors Assoc. shows, probably 20 to 25 years ago.

We had a regular member who was known to be very difficult to deal with , he would not buy from you unless you virtually gave it away and he would NEVER give you a break on things he had for sale. He was a nice enough guy, but members who knew him just would not deal with him. He was also about 6 foot 6 inches tall and about 450 pounds, so you also did not want to make him mad at you.

At our winter show he was about 3 tables away from me and in walking by I noticed he had one of the 1917 L F & C extra pyramid knife with scabbard priced at 200.00. At that time a regular 1917 was around 150.00 and at the time and extra pyramid was around 300.00, so I knew he did not know. So rather than tip him off I offered 175.00 several times and he would not budge, So finally I went to his table laid down the 200.00 and picked up the knife and thanked him.

In about 10 or 15 minuets later he came over to my table and asked " OK what do you know that I don,t ?????? Since the knife was now mine I pulled out a regular one out and showed him the difference, When he asked me the true value and when I told him, I could see tears running down his face. He went back to his table, packed it up and left the show.

Ron Norman

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Resurrecting and old thread, I have one also. I bought mine at an auction near Cincinnati a few years ago, paid way to much for it. I'll try to locate a pic...

I'd love to believe that the previous poster is correct on the extremely low manufacture numbers. 

35 minutes ago, Sarchione said:

I love to believe those production numbers as well. Those are the 8 that I have in my collection.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

How many do you have in total?

11 hours ago, M422A1 said:

What is an “extra pyramid” knife worth these days, with & without a scabbard? Just in case I run across one…

I bought one last week with a sheath and paid $900 if that helps you out any. 

On 11/13/2023 at 7:12 PM, Sarchione said:

I just dug those 8 out that I could find easily. I may have more. 

I meant to ask about both types, what is the % of 7 knuckle.

how many have you come across %-wise during your collecting career?

3 hours ago, schmooser said:

I meant to ask about both types, what is the % of 7 knuckle.

how many have you come across %-wise during your collecting career?

Me myself, in 10 years of collecting, I've seen maybe 7x 8-pyramid's for sale out of maybe 300 typical ones

9 hours ago, Knucklehead said:

Me myself, in 10 years of collecting, I've seen maybe 7x 8-pyramid's for sale out of maybe 300 typical ones

That’s what I was looking for!!!

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...