WASP DRINKING GLASS

INIMICUS

I got a small number of these some years ago, NIB. looked like wartime cardboard packaging with c'board dividers. wish I'd saved that! outside of mine, I can find none other here or elsewhere, so assume this water tumbler is a very rare WASP accessory. is it? the glass wall is 'hefty,' and the design deeply-cut in and frosted. total 4 pix, first 3 now, last coming directly thanks a lot for all comments guys'n'gals and happy 2019.

post-496-0-71897700-1547064950_thumb.jpg

post-496-0-05238300-1547064961.jpg

post-496-0-77579200-1547064972.jpg

Source: WorthPoint

Description: I believe these glasses might be from a WASP reunion. They are heavily etched. They are in Used condition with scratches. A perfect gift for the female pilot in your life. I found these glasses at a San Clemente, CA thrift store. At one time recently there were 15 WASP pilots living in the Orance county, CA area with several of them living in San Clemente as noted in news articles online.

g1.jpg

Really nice etched glasses. Since those were the only ones like yours I was able to find, I'm guessing there's not a whole lot out there. Love the frosted look on the wings.

1,830 accepted for training; 1,074 completed training

According to a March 10, 2010 article, fewer than 300 Women Airforce Service Pilots were still alive.

Yep,reunion piece as there was lots of stuff made for reunions and visitors to buy as couple of former WASP's made a lot of different items.If had been WW2 the glass been made different!

• 6 months later...