US Navy Honorable Discharge Document

Jay V

Hi Guys

Well a few weeks ago I started a new collecting interest and wanted to share my newest addition and oldest piece to date.Will be sharing other not to common ones as I find them.Thanks for viewing Jay

post-564-0-42696000-1506219671_thumb.jpeg

Jay V, you're welcome, glad to. That he was a 21- year- old Chief Machinist citizen volunteer is pretty neat-- must have been born with a wrench in his hand. That discharge is a great find, hope you can turn up a USS Panther Sampson Medal to go with it! The gravestone application form says "no medals", but I believe that refers to valor medals that could be indicated on the headstone.

Thanks for sharing that is a nice early one! I cool part is some of these paper items can be picked up for much cheaper then comparable medals! I have a few nice documents myself i picked up over the years just due to the history! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the find!

Rich

Thanks for the reply.As these are a area sub/collecting interest i find them very interesting,and as you posted are are alot cheaper than medals.Eighter way we are saving our history for future generations. Take care Jay