Ft Leonard Wood , Jeff City , Columbia Missouri

patchtrader864

I have no idea if these places are still there or any good, but 10 years ago there was a surplus store off interstate 70 in Columbia, and also another one at the Doolittle? exit off interstate 44..which is a little south of LW.

• 1 year later...

Just an update on one location. The store in Doolittle is still there, just south of Ft. Leonard Wood. The place is much different than the last time I visited it in 2003. The store has gone through some modern upgrades and sells mostly new stuff, mostly law enforcement, EMS, firefighting, tactical, etc. If you look and dig around enough you can find some really neat items, like I did. Prices there are about what I normally pay in most surplus stores, which depending on what you find some things can be reasonable. They do have a wide selection of patches, gun accessories, and like I mentioned mostly modern tactical stuff.

The store is family owned but is run by other folks, who are very nice and like to socialize if its not too busy. Had a great time talking to one gentleman while I was there, and gave me some great advice on some of the thrift stores in the area. One of which turned out to be an awesome find that I had not expected nor considered.

Unfortunately, the other site near Columbia I did not visit nor could I find it on Google maps via Internet search.

Thanks for the update, I guess all the stores have had to adapt to what sells, and a lot of times the old surplus doesn't sell to regular folks.

I don't know the name of the store in Columbia, but I think the business card said 'ArmyGear.Net' and they had a unimog parked out front. It was in a stripmall facing the interstate (off the southside),but it could be long gone I guess.

• 3 years later...

There are various antique malls along I44 between St. Louis and FTLW....all have good stuff turn up in them on occasion. There is also a militaria shop - Doughboy Militaria - located in Springfield, Missouri, not far from FTLW.