New Definitive EGA Reference Book

ViewfinderGyrene

ViewfinderGyrene

Greetings,

I had read text in several threads making note of a new EGA reference book that has been published.

I am curious as to what the title of the book is and if it is available on Amazon, Ebay etc?

Thanks!

ViewfinderGyrene

Greetings,

I had read text in several threads making note of a new EGA reference book that has been published.

I am curious as to what the title of the book is and if it is available on Amazon, Ebay etc?

Thanks!

ViewfinderGyrene

One of our forum members is an editor for that project, I believe, and will for sure let us know when it comes out: it's expected near the end of the year, so not long now.

ViewfinderGyrene

Thanks for the quick replies. I agree, pins and needles! Invaluable to someone who loves Corps memorabilia but is rather in the dark when it comes to the many different variations and makes!

In case I miss the thread, post here if convenient [when the time comes of course].

In case I miss the thread, post here if convenient [when the time comes of course].

With all of us anticipating this release, I have a feeling that it will be very difficult to miss this one if you pay any attn to the EGA sections of the forum!

ViewfinderGyrene

Good point haha, I forgot that we have the benefit of viewing new threads by section, not just the "Overall New Content" tab which bunches everything together...

teufelhunde.ret

Hello everyone,

I can assure you both your author and editor of this book are equally anxious to see this book hit the street. Speaking as editor, 18+ months working 5-6 hours a day, often 7 days a week gave me a rare perspective of he mammoth effort getting 2000+ pics, 300 pages, 50+ pages of ref assembled was no small feat. And the author, spent months preparing a rough outline to get us to the starting line. He is in routine contact with Bender Publishing, I have been informed there is no definite release date as of this moment. With this said, I will use this thread to provide y'all with progress updates. We expect to start review of the Benders proof pages prior to the end of the month, as we are closer to the end of this work with Bender, than the day it was received by him. Thanks for your interest and patience!!! s/f Darrell

There is also a long time (almost lifelong) analytical study that is set to publish with Schiffer Books. Looks like competing efforts! Hopefully it will be exciting for the hobby to see the variety of emblems that are out there.

Mike

There is also a long time (almost lifelong) analytical study that is set to publish with Schiffer Books. Looks like competing efforts! Hopefully it will be exciting for the hobby to see the variety of emblems that are out there.

Mike

Thanks for the update Mike - I'd wondered about that project (and congrats on the O-5 promotion).

Thanks for the update Mike - I'd wondered about that project (and congrats on the O-5 promotion).

Thanks much Bob! You now have the North SD area to yourself for the hunt. The promotion nabbed me a desk in DC.

Thanks much Bob! You now have the North SD area to yourself for the hunt. The promotion nabbed me a desk in DC.

When I was a kid my dad maintained the Navy Beech 18's (SNB) used by DC's deskbound pilots to keep their flight status. Hope that desk transforms into a Cobra once a month.

• 1 year later...

It's been a year since the last post on this thread which raised the prospect of two EGA books in the works.

Will 2016 be the year?

• 2 months later...

Tim Klie's book is "United States Marine Corps Eagle, Globe, and Anchor Emblem 1868 - 1963 Pictorial Guide" published by R. James Bender to be released spring 2016.

I reported on another thread that Schiffer Publishing just announced the release of a new book that covers Marine Corps insignia up to WWI. I am away from home and don't remember exact title or author, but search me here to find the other post or go to Schiffer Publishing's web site. Book is due out in May. Kevin

• 3 months later...

The United States Marine Corp Eagle, Globe, and Anchor Emblem 1868 - 1963 Pictorial Guide by Tim Klie began mailing to customers May 26 by Bender Publishing in California.

Book arrived 2 days ago to my office. Tim should be proud and I am sure collectors wil be scrambling to fill in the blanks of their collection.

teufelhunde.ret

Thanks to all, we appreciate the positive comments and look forward to hearing from others!

• 2 months later...