Angus & Coote Pilot Wings

USMCRECON

I just got this in the mail today and thought I'd post them on the Forum before shutting down for the weekend. As always, comments are welcome

post-1107-1211649527.jpg

post-1107-1211649535.jpg

John Cooper

Nice wings Bill... I have seen several examples up recently on Ebay. Is this one of them?

John

Nice wings Bill... I have seen several examples up recently on Ebay. Is this one of them?

John

Yes, I got these from eBay. The auction closed about two weeks ago.

robert60446

HI Bill, guys,

These are lovely wings, but honestly English / Australian made wings are freaking me out because some extremely good copies of them were made and their very primitive hardware system makes even easier for fakers to produce good copies…

Hi Robert,

You are correct but there is a very easy way to tell if they are reproductions and that is they are too good! The current crop of reproductions are laser engraved and are very angular. Not like this particular wing. This one looks good but I would like to see a closer view of the maker mark if that is possible.

Cheers

Gary

HI Bill, guys,

These are lovely wings, but honestly English / Australian made wings are freaking me out because some extremely good copies of them were made and their very primitive hardware system makes even easier for fakers to produce good copies…

Hi Robert,

You are correct but there is a very easy way to tell if they are reproductions and that is they are too good! The current crop of reproductions are laser engraved and are very angular. Not like this particular wing. This one looks good but I would like to see a closer view of the maker mark if that is possible.

Cheers

Gary

Hi Gary. My camera isn't the best with macros and the attached is the best I can do.

post-1107-1211821337.jpg

Really nice set of Brit wings. Eday is still a place to pick up treasures if you watch what you are doing. thumbsup.gif

This wing is right as rain. That is the makers mark you want to see. The reproductions are cut with a laser and are very obvious. Of course this will change.

Gary

Hi Gary. My camera isn't the best with macros and the attached is the best I can do.

post-1107-1211821337.jpg

This wing is right as rain. That is the makers mark you want to see. The reproductions are cut with a laser and are very obvious. Of course this will change.

Gary

Thank you, Gary, for your confirmation on the wings. They didn't come particularly cheap and, while they looked OK to me, I'm not an expert on wings and wanted to get some learned opinion before posting feedback for the seller. It's really great to have access to subject matter experts like this. I have several other winfs (most of which I posted some time ago) but this is my first (and probably only) Australian mfg wing.

Thanks again for taking the time to look it over.

Been away for the weekend, but I really like these, they are identical to mine, right down to the "forcer" marks. I got mine from a dealer I trust 100%