This is the 1st Communications Group formed on 07 Dec 1959 at Offutt AFB, Nebraska. Organized (Manned) on 01 Apr 1960. Redesignated as the 1st Aerospace Communications Group, Command on
15 Jul 1963; Redesignated as the 1st Aerospace Information Systems Wing on 06 Jul 1984; Redesignated as the 1st Aerospace Communications Wing on 01 Nov 1986; Redesignated as the 1st Aerospace Communications Group on 05 Sep 1991; and Redesignated as the 55th Communications Group on 01 Apr 1993. Current regulations (issued in the Mid 1990's) require the unit use the insignia of it's parent unit -The 55th Reconnaissance Wing.
Terry L, Horstead
Edited by TLHorstead, 03 November 2013 - 06:29 PM.