The General's Club

tsakers85

Recent addition:

Class A Uniform of Lieutenant General Robert L. Van Antwerp.

General Van Antwerp graduated from the US Military Academy in 1972. He is Ranger, Airborne, and Air Assault qualified. Van Antwerp commanded the 326th Engineer Battalion of the 101st Airborne during the Gulf War. He was the district engineer of the Los Angeles District during the Northridge Earthquake of 1994. Van Antwerp served as Chief of Engineers of the United States Army from 2007-2011.

VanAntwerpwJacket.jpg

CNY Militaria

Very cool! Its interesting how many Chiefs of the Engineer Corps are in collector hands, or engineer GO's in general. I have a few myself and have seen numerous others in other hands as well. Did this coat come with all the pin on insignia?

Justin

Very cool! Its interesting how many Chiefs of the Engineer Corps are in collector hands, or engineer GO's in general. I have a few myself and have seen numerous others in other hands as well. Did this coat come with all the pin on insignia?

Justin

The seller added the insignia based on official photos. I know I have at least 4 engineer GO uniforms in my collection, so it is interesting how many are on the market.

• 1 month later...

Latest arrival:

Brigadier General Robert Elkington Wood

1879-1969

M1912 Tunic & Sam Browne Belt

General Wood graduated from the US Military Academy in 1900 and was commissioned as a Cavalry officer. His first duty assignment was in the Philippines during the Philippine Insurrection. In 1905 Wood became the Chief Quartermaster and Director of the Panama Railroad Company; he would serve 10 years in Panama during the construction of the canal. Wood retired in 1915 by special act of Congress as a Major, however he returned to service in 1917 as America entered WWI. Before the war’s end, Wood was promoted to Brigadier General and served as acting Quartermaster General of the Army. He left the service again in 1919 and went on to become a Vice-President of Sears Roebuck. Wood was awarded the Legion of Honor by the French and the Order of St. Michael and St. George by the British.

WoodwJacket.jpg

Wow! What is the history on this addition? Not many WWI GO Uniforms are floating around.

I stumbled across it on eBay recently, the seller also happens to be an Antiques Roadshow appraiser. It came with a cap and pants; the pants had RE Wood written in them and a number which I believe is a laundry mark, that number is also in the jacket. The uniform is French made with bakelite buttons, I had to replace two of them. Based on the photos available of Wood, I am reasonably certain this is the same uniform he is photographed in as the cut is the same. The group also came with the Sam Browne belt, which may or may not be his, and the Philippine Service ribbon which is of the period and appears to have been the only ribbon Wood wore.

These allegedly came directly from the family and I think further adding to provenance is that several other uniform items were also listed, one of which was a M1895 Coat for a Cavalry officer: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cavalry-Officer-s-...=item19ccaa0c4c

Very nice! Did it come with the BG Stars or did you have to hunt those down?

I had to pull those stars off another coat I am still researching, so I am currently still on the hunt for some false embroidered stars.

• 1 month later...

I decided to create a blog to post my collection on so that I could have more ease in editing. This will also allow me to post the numerous photos I have obtained that were previously unavailable online. My goal here is to make the information I have assembled on General Officers easily searchable and more available to historians and collectors.

Enjoy!

http://gouniforms.blogspot.com/

• 1 month later...

I did not know this thread existed. There are some very nice uniforms pictured. I have only one General's uniform and I got it the other day. Here is my GO's BDU.

SANY0210-2.jpg

SANY0211-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
CNY Militaria

That MG Plank uniform is just Killer! A VERY rare one indeed from a wartime General. Is that your favorite now?

The Plank uniform and the Wood uniform are certainly great centerpieces. I'm very fond of the mess jacket as well though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...