Rangers Diamond patch. Is good or bad.

Robbo

The back picture is a little tough to see, but from initial viewing, it looks like a WWII era patch. - Jeff

I know it's already closed but I've had good luck with that seller including a nice Ranger diamond.

Chris

No worries Chris, thanks for the input. I'm normally ok with common WW2 SSI, its when I have to spend more than $10 on one that I like to get some 2nd opinions!

Rob

.......when I have to spend more than $10 on one that I like to get some 2nd opinions!

Rob

WELL Rob.......did you get this one?? :rolleyes:

WELL Rob.......did you get this one?? :rolleyes:

Hi JS.

Yes I did, price went up a bit in the dying seconds but made it by the skin of my teeth. Didn't end up costing the earth anyhow.

:thumbsup:

Rob

I would appreciate some opinions on the Rangers patch. Is it a good WW2 example?

Cheers.

Rob

FYI-there are several re-make WW2 patches on the market. all are flat cut, NON-merrowed edges, fully machine embr'ed on what looks like KHAKI TWILL cotton base.

the test is to UV BLACKLIGHT it.....if the supposedly cotton twill edges blowing out, glows.....its a re-make. the RANGER diamonds from the movie SAVING PVT RYAN were

done in this fashion. in addition---

there is a whole series of WW2 USAAF patches as well as WW2 USMC patches done in this style. hold the patch to light at an angle...examine

the reverse side....if has shiny sheen.....prbly a re-make patch. these are NOT the computer generated patches which are quite easy to detect...but are fully machine embr'ed

and will fool the inexperienced eye.

FYI-there have been re-make WW2 patches. all are flat cut, NON-merrowed edges, fully machine embr'ed on what looks like KHAKI TWILL cotton base.

the test is to UV BLACKLIGHT it.....if the supposedly cotton twill edges blowing out, glows.....its a re-make.

there is a whole series of WW2 USAAF patches as well as WW2 USMC patches done in this style. hold the patch to light at an angle...examine

the reverse side....if has shiny sheen.....prbly a re-make patch

Good to know, Gator. The seller says its a no-glow but will check it out when I get it. I've seen a few cut edge being sold on ebay as repros, but they normally have price to match. Not always though. :thumbdown: