Aging a Helmet

son of desertrat

son of desertrat
I Tought that this forum is for only Original Military War Items to be talked about on descussions..

NOT for the intended to be able to Educate these Helmet Fakers and con-artists + Gansters trying to Screw

Honest Hard Working People for there Money that sell as Original Military which is not as described !

Not on about aging a Helmet thats how these guys are being Educated in Today world because its a Mine Field for them and there laughing...

not being funny but im sure these fakers can access this topic if they really wanted to its just my openion on the matter thats all no offence.

I understand where you coming from. I am admitting that it was a stupid move on my part. Im not going to do it again. This was just an experiment on how to do it. This will never be up for sale in this condition. If i do sell it i would strip all the paint off and explain what i did. this is also not that good of a job.

Keenan

The helmets started out new during WWII and aged with use. When you use new equipment in the field it gets stains and wear from day one. I don't know how many units did this, put my Dad said the 76th Division had men put their helmets on posts and a guy with a spray gun repainted them. Chin straps and all, he kicks himself because he tossed his helmet on the turn in pile in Germany, the paint job was so bad.

I understand where you coming from. I am admitting that it was a stupid move on my part. Im not going to do it again. This was just an experiment on how to do it. This will never be up for sale in this condition. If i do sell it i would strip all the paint off and explain what i did. this is also not that good of a job.

Keenan

Hey Keenan

Don't take it up the wrong way or anything my friend with what i said, All i do mean is this is the way that

these Fakers are getting Educated on topics like this on different Forums thats how these guys are getting

very Smart as we are Collectors of Historical Military Pieces and there is enough Faked Items out there for now

thats all i mean nothing else or nothing less im not having a go Just saying thats all as we are a lot smarter then them Crooks + Gangsters !

Regards

Tomás :thumbsup:

son of desertrat
Hey Keenan

Don't take it up the wrong way or anything my friend with what i said, All i do mean is this is the way that

these Fakers are getting Educated on topics like this on different Forums thats how these guys are getting

very Smart as we are Collectors of Historical Military Pieces and there is enough Faked Items out there for now

thats all i mean nothing else or nothing less im not having a go Just saying thats all as we are a lot smarter then them Crooks + Gangsters !

Regards

Tomás :thumbsup:

Sorry about that...i didnt mean to come off like i took it the wrong way just how i typed it.

Keenan

Sorry about that...i didnt mean to come off like i took it the wrong way just how i typed it.

Keenan

Keenan,

Your all right My Friend Honestly you didn't come across like that to me

and i also hope that i didn't come across like that to you eithere on this

side i was just saying at the end of the day thats all, Anyways Have a great week end and Take Care !

God Bless

Tomás :thumbsup: .

Dirteater101

I thought the whole purpose of this was age a "new" issued pot to look like it has been in combat and abused. Not to make it look like it was in combat and abused 70+ years ago! That's why I use the white gas stove, the soot rubs off and , well darn you just have to cook out of it again....

stonewaller

This thread interests me as I am looking to age a helmet for a USN impression. However not to be made to look 60+ years old, just worn in.