Need help with identification

Ilin1979

Ilin1979

I remember seeing those in one of Asmic magazines but cant find it.

20240429_071516.jpg

Like you I can't find the reference so I am working from memory and this may be off. These were used after WWI by the 1st Army and use the system used during the Civil War where divisions were represented by the color (they also come in blue) and the brigade by the number. The first one being 1st Division 1st Brigade and the other 2nd Division 3rd Brigade. How they were worn is a little foggy but believe they were not DIs rather they were worn on or over the pocket.  This will probably need some adjusting when a proper reference is found.

Also foggy on these, but my memory says pre-WW1, and for a First Field Army that would have been formed on a mobilization. I believe that no standing tactical is organization called "Army" existed, but would be assembled during wartime.b

Ilin1979
1 hour ago, atb said:

Also foggy on these, but my memory says pre-WW1, and for a First Field Army that would have been formed on a mobilization. I believe that no standing tactical is organization called "Army" existed, but would be assembled during wartime.b

First field army, that's what it is in Asmic magazines. # on pin is the division # and color is for brigade # ( red, white and blue)

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Ilin1979 said:

First field army, that's what it is in Asmic magazines. # on pin is the division # and color is for brigade # ( red, white and blue)

Thank you.

There were artillery ones as well, for Coast and Field Artillery.