The MM Park France military museum

gerard

The Park France military museum is a museum dedicated to the Second World War located in La Wantzenau in Alsace. This museum brings together the collection of its founder, Éric Kauffmann, one of the most important in Europe, and the Sussex 1944 collection.

The museum opened its doors on March 1, 2017, more than 7 years after the launch of the project initiated by Éric Kauffmann. The latter, who bought the building in 2010, wanted to bring his collection together in one place. He started it in barns and abandoned houses, then traveled around the world, from the United States to Russia to bring back a Soviet tank. After 20 years spent collecting all these rare objects, he now offers his collection to the general public in this park which is intended to be fun and educational.

The MM Park France is, with its 7,000 m2, one of the largest museums in Europe dedicated to the Second World War. On the ground floor there are two large exhibition halls including vehicles.

vue-en10.jpg

Persian Gulf Command

WoW! What a great Museum! I am so happy that these places are becoming recognized in Europe, after all these years. Let's face it, most of the stuff that interests us about the ETO is still on the European Continent. 

Gerard, thank you for posting! 

respectingthesacrifice

What a fantastic museum indeed! Thanks for posting 

2 hours ago, Persian Gulf Command said:

WoW! What a great Museum! I am so happy that these places are becoming recognized in Europe, after all these years. Let's face it, most of the stuff that interests us about the ETO is still on the European Continent. 

Gerard, thank you for posting! 

you're welcome, it's a duty to remember I will post the rest of the photos later

2 hours ago, respectingthesacrifice said:

What a fantastic museum indeed! Thanks for posting 

thank you all for your messages

here are some photos of the MM park good viewing to all and for the rest in other museums in my sector.

Edelweisse

WOW….Thanks for posting…..we’ll be down in the area on the German side….we may have to visit it.