Visit to Manion's

hawkdriver

I have a friend that works at Manions whom offered a personal mannequine for the upcoming show at the WWI museum. He told me to come and get it at his work place, Manion's. My biggest regret was that I didn't take my camera. I guess I didn't know exactly what my friend did, but it turns out that he has worked there for 25 years as the floor supervisor. They had just gotten a large quantity of goods in from a guy in California from WWI tunics to a large working model of a Thompson. He introduced me to the guys on the floor that were busy entering items, to the camera room, to the basement storeage facility. I didn't realize how big they really were, it is a top notch facility worthy of a visit if you ever make it to Kansas City.

A couple of years ago, they actually offered a tour, I think in conjunction with an ASMIC show that was hosted in Kansas City.

Their below ground storage proved critical one year when a twister came through and severely damaged everything above ground. The photos of the wreckage were just incredible(well, actually if you live in the Midwest, they were quite credible), but the most amazing thing was how what was underground was untouched.

It will be worth the trip for you. Let me know before you do and I will get you directions and a contact number.

Wilco...

• 2 months later...
Wilco...

How the hell did I miss this?

Everyone, feel free to come by. Probably best to let us know in advance; give me a call and I'll get it set up!

Andrew

866.626.4661 - ext. 1018